Professor Matthew Turnbull
Plant Physiological Ecology
Head of School
- Bachelor of Science with Honours (1A) in Plant Biology (University of Queensland, Australia), 1986.
- PhD in Plant Biology (University of Queensland, Australia), 1992
- Australian Postgraduate Research Award holder, 1988-1992
- British Council Postgraduate Bursary, 1990
Phone: International +64 +3 Local 364 2860
Fax: +64 3 364 2590
Postal address: School of Biological Sciences, University of Canterbury, Private Bag 4800, Christchurch, New Zealand
Research and Publications
Matthew's UC Research Profile
Environmental plant physiology. Ecophysiology of resource acquisition in natural and managed ecosystems. Responses of plants to extremes of environment. Stable isotopes in plant physiology and ecology. Global Change Biology. Forest Biology.
- Protocol for correcting nonlinearities in CF-IRMS measurements (CF-IRMS = continuous flow mass spectrometery)
- Protocol for measuring respiratory electron partitioning using septum-capped vials