Professor Juliet Gerrard
- Professor, School of Biological Sciences
- Industry and Outreach Fellow, Callaghan Innovation
- Brasenose College, Oxford University: B.A. Hons (1st class) Chemistry, with distinction in Biochemistry.
- DPhil, Studies on Dihydrodipicolinate Synthase (DHDPS).
MOB: 027 808 0746 (preferred)
Juliet is a Principal Investigator in the Biomolecular Interaction Centre. Her research is interdisciplinary, cutting across biochemistry, chemistry, health, agricultural and food science and biomaterial design. It focuses on proteins and how they assemble.
Fields of Research
- Structure, function and application of proteins
- Harnessing protein science for NZ industry
- Protein aggregation and assembly, especially in the context of food and nanomaterials
- Protein purification and characterization
- Structural biology
- Connecting with other disciplines and applications