Discover biology for free - primary level
Exploring biological specimens
Explore the exhibit in the UC Biology atrium to complete a fun quiz, then register at reception on level 2 to enter a draw to have a UC biologist visit your school. From a preserved platypus to a pinned out grasshopper, it's a bit gross and really cool.
Our atrium also houses a large saltwater aquarium full of local marine life, from blue cod to paua, nudibranch to anemone and other wonders of the deep.
* UC Biologist must be returned undamaged following a visit to your classroom
Download the short biology quiz (450KB) (or pick up a copy on your arrival)
The School of Biological Sciences is at the heart of the UC Ilam campus, not far from the big blue crane that is working on the adjoining building. For carparking information contact our administrators Penny and Nicki for details, +64 3 364 2500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The main entry to the Biological Sciences Edgar Stead atrium is from the top end of the biology carpark.
See a map of the UC campus
T’s & C’s
- Entry open to Canterbury region primary school children (Year 1–6) only.
(But parents and caregivers will find it interesting and educational)
- Quiz and registration must be completed between 9 am – 5 pm weekdays.
- Winning school will be notified.
- Details of visit will be arranged to suit school class hours and Biologist's laboratory work