Fourth Year Biology @ UC
Introduction to Postgrad
Thinking about continuing your studies in 2017? Dr Marie Hale presents an overview to fourth year and beyond:
You are welcome to contact her or our Postgraduate Advisors at any time with any further questions or to help plan your future.
- 17 Feb Orientation for 4th year Biological Science students (Programme 200KB PDF) Start: 9:30 am, Biology 275 Seminar Room
- 17 Feb Initial Course meetings to be held between 2.30 pm – 4.30 pm
- 20 Feb Seminars and tutorials begin. Please check the Course Information System for BIOL 405 and My Timetable for up-to-date course timetable information.
- 3 March Deadline with Registry for course changes for semester 1 courses
10 March BSc(Hons) research proposal due
12 – 24 Jun Semester 1 exams. Check University examinations timetable (www.canterbury.ac.nz/exams/) for dates/times for each course. Exams are in room 275, Biology building.
- 14 Jul Semester 2 initial course meetings. Timetable (PDF 175KB)
17 Jul Semester 2 seminars and tutorials begin
28 Jul Deadline with Registry for course changes for semester 2 courses
6 October School deadline for submission of all assignments
16-20th (inclusive) October Exams for semester 2 held in Seminar Room 275
26 October BSc(Hons) project presentation at Annual Biology Conference
1 November Honours theses to be submitted to School by 4 pm. BSc(Hons) Project Instructions (pdf 355kb)
400 level Biological Sciences Courses
(Entry into all 400-level courses is subject to the approval of the Head of the School of Biological Sciences or their delegated representative).
General email enquiries can be sent to:firstname.lastname@example.org
General phone enquiries can be made at: +64 3 364 2500